Saturday, August 29, 2015

Hello all. Sorry for a late update and for being so silent on the internet lately. Here is my moment of truth: I suffer from depression. I think having a mental illness is not a bad thing and should be something we can talk about openly. I have suffered a prolonged spell of depression over the last few weeks and I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. When I am under attack there is not much that can be done besides ride through it. My husband is very supportive about it and so it my family, which I am very thankful for. It makes it hard for me to get out of bed, hard to eat, think, and sleep. It makes it hard for me to remember there is a reason I am on the planet, a reason that I am worthwhile and good. I just have to keep repeating to myself:

I know I am good. I know I am worthwhile. I am loved.

So, that is that. I am going to make a better attempt at being present and try to blog more.

I want to thank everyone who purchased and read book 3 of my series: Lost, Dragon’s Egg 3. I have gotten a few reviews and they always make me excited to read- even the criticizing ones.

Here is the link to the book if you want to check it out: http://www.bookstrand.com/lost-leigh 

Lastly, I am really excited because I just bought a Surface 3 tablet so I can do some writing and editing when I am on the bus to work and during my lunch. I think knowing that I can squirrel away some time to write while at my day job will make working more bearable.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and I look forward to sharing my next book with you! 





1 comment:

  1. That's a fight I know all to well, and it's awesome that you have a support system. I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete