Sunday, March 8, 2015

Dragon's Egg 1.5

Hello everyone! I am really excited! Taken was my first publishing endeavor and I think it has been successful. I surpassed the number of books I thought I would sell, and amazingly, the number of reviews I thought I would get. On Goodreads I have 92 ratings and that just blows my mind. I read the reviews, both good and bad, and I have immensely appreciated each of them.

The thing I heard the most was the people wanted a little more of Gavin and Sebastian, so I wrote a short follow-up. It flowed so fast and I can’t say how many nights I stayed up working on it because I just had to get it out. Today I am going to do my first read through and correct any big errors. Then I plan to print it and do the “big edit”, which for some reasons works out better on paper.

It was difficult writing this one, I wanted to write so much more. The other difficult thing, which it both good and bad, was writing in some new characters. Now I find I want to write their stories. But, after Matt’s book I am thinking about putting this bit on hold to finish my other series (3.5 or 4 books already done).


Matt and Ingor’s book is at 40k words, so about 10 more to go and then I can start the editing there. It’s all coming along so well and I am just so amazed by it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment